the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

February 11, 2011

Electricians

Its been a busy week now. The home inspections came in on Saturday, Yes there is electrical work to do. AK Electricial came over Tuesday morning to move the breaker box from behind the boiler. I checked on them at lunch time and everything was good.
but by the time i got home at 5 ish they had knocked 2 of the pipes form the boiler which turned into a fountain of water. ummmm . They turned everything off and called a plumber , who bill out at $125.00 an hour. 2 nice copper manifolds later all is well. but hen guess who gets to pay the bill. Yes the manifolds were old , but I didn't bump them and they weren't on my home inspections to be replaced just soldered. I am not the most happy at the cash i have to out lay here. that wasn't my fault.
the Electricians spent 2 days-( 16 hours of billable time) finishing correcting the open grounds and reverse wiring in my system and grounding it. (a 6 foot pole into frozen ground) it was slow and fiddly. I haven't got the invoice yet. that will be the fun time for tomorrow.
today was the appraisal,( or valuation) the bill for that is just part of my closing costs. so that is not so bad.
somewhere this weekend I get to take some copper to the recycle place to sell it. i have nearly 5 lbs.
the weekend will be just packing and selling stuff.
Life carries on in a good direction.

No comments: