the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

January 24, 2009

Retail Therapy




Yesterday I had this wonderful idea of catching the ferry to Santorini. which was supposed to leave this am at 8 am. ferry s are not very keen on traveling with force 9 winds. i told you it was windy the other day. somewhere out there in the Aegean sea there was force 9 winds. Don't ask me how fast force 9 winds are, cause i don't know. it was windy enough last night. so i want down the port and sat around while i figured this all out. the ferry is now due to leave tomorrow at 6 am. ( Like i want to got out of bed on vacation that early) the Lady at the port said i had to go to ticket agent down town and get my tickets changed to tomorrow. well it s been raining all morning so i was not oo keen. walked down at midday to find my old ticke t was just fine. so......

I decided on some retail therapy to cheer me up. I have walked past the markets heaps of times luckily today i found some really cool boots for dancing in. there are still sales everywhere. so for the total of 23 euros. i have some new shoes. I was getting frustrated at not finding anything i liked earlier. retail therapy works well for putting one in a better mood.
while i was at the port sorting things out this morning I got to meet a nice Greek man , who was waiting for his wife to pick up him ( 2 hours) we got to chatting , he was a pilot who works in Sweden , and wanted to practice his English, he d spent some time in CA learning to fly we even got our photo together. I am not sure that I got his name. nice guy though.


One of the things i was going to do yesterday was go to the Crete historical museum but it was closed , such is the joys of traveling this time of year. apparently they had a good display of joint operations of the kiwi's and Aussies did for Crete in the WW2.

well I am off to enjoy some more sun.

No comments: