the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

January 20, 2009

Crete.




well I cant spend all my life in Athens,

so after exploring the Hadrian's library, and some retail therapy, I caught the night ferry to Crete. ( Minoan civilization). the ferry was 9 hours overnight. got in at an hour when i am usually asleep. so caught a cab to a somewhat cheap hotel that doesnt have Internet access. so here i sit in Internet cafe down town. much faster speed.
Don't ask me what street I am on cause i have no clue. the street signs are now all in Greek. so life is alot harder. Its daylight and the sun is warm so who cares for right now. there was some dew on some cars this morning. this town is called Heraklion, the nearest town to the King Minos' palace. this will be my plans for tomorrow.
the streets are wide and cleaner and there is less Industrail patyicular matter in the air. the sky is dininately blue. I may explore the beach this afternoon. it may depend on the need for sleep.

No comments: