the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

May 31, 2010

The Garden

I cheated this year- Risse greenhouse was planting the garden at work, and since I was helping I noticed they had the largest bean plants that were nice and healthy. So rather than trying stuff from seed, that i should have started 2 weeks ago. i went out to Risse Greenhouse on Saturday and just spent money.- sometimes money is handy for that -- it saves you time.

Today I borrowed the neighbors Rotor-tiller and spent an hour doing that, watered, then I went to wait tables. when I came home I planted the seedlings that i had got, lettuce, broccoli, peas and beans all done. I even got to run the weed eater around to clean the edge next to the fence, it will be a sunshine issue, and it looks better.

The green house is off to good start, the cucumbers have sorted out their roots and look like they are about to take off. I found some dwarf basil this year out at Risse. so it wont grew as high as it did last year. With any luck i am just growing this for someone else.
now all i did to do is weed... any volunteers?

No comments: