the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

May 1, 2010

Break up

Well this spring has been a bit of a non event, it hasn't even been worth wile photographing the river , the whole in the river got wider it melted , there wasn't even any ice that floated down teh river.
The only exiting thing was today it rained, which means my grass will turn green a little sooner than usual. actually its been drizzling for 24 hours or more, just a nice gentle growing rain. but i hear its snowing up at Pogo mine.
Its nearly green , I am thinking tomorrow might be the day when everything bursts into leaf over night. other people tell me the pollen levels are really high. I have a perfectly functioning nose so pollen doesn't bother me.

1 comment:

Susan Stevenson said...

The river will still 'go out'. I don't think it's happened yet. My friend lives on the Chena and he's promised to call me when the ice comes downstream. I hope to videotape it this year, as well as get photos.

The rain is nice. I can handle a couple of days of it, if it means the green will come faster.

Susan
North Pole
http://www.susanstevenson.com/blog