the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

September 24, 2008

Frost

We had a really good frost last night the car said 28 this morning, just as well i picked what i could of the peppers yesterday. I picked 3 of those baby peppers.
So today in the greenhouse they were looking rather sad. so i pulled the tomatoes, and picked everything.

I got 6 lbs of green tomatoes, that should ripen inside. the first person who gets to come visit gets to share them.

Rolled up the hoses and turned off the heat lamp that i had on for a good week.
( No i don't want to see my next power bill) for some strange reason i left the mint. i 'll look at that in a day or 2 . i have so much dried mint around it s not funny. if you look in my oven what will you find ... drying mint.



Today I had 2 comments at work about my screen saver. so thought I would share it with you. this was taken with mothers camera from the Deck of Catherine's place.(Auckland New Zealand ) just leaning over the edge. Tea tree, or Manuka is the tree and just run of the mill ferns that grow. People at work thought it was some amazing rain forest.



.

No comments: