the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

June 6, 2008

Garden stuff








One of the things that you are going to here about is my garden. got the greenhouse planted about 2 weeks ago. well maybe 3 and now i have flowers on my tomatoes. last year they took sooo long to flower i swear it was august, so I am kinda excited , and my cucumbers have baby ones already.

this is my tree that i decided is pretty cool, i like to photograph it just to show people just fast stuff grows up her is the spring, the new growth you see is barely 3 weeks worth.

i planted my Peas and beans sunday, 31. and i will have freash peas to eat in 6 weeks on july 16. the lettuce i bought today, that i was going to put in the ground were kinda large so they will be even quicker. No body round town seams to have any brockoli left. heaven help me if i have no brockoli for the summer.

anyway i planted Peas ansd beans Carrotts Artic chard and spring onions, and thought I d try a row of beets.

hopefully i will get a good weekend and a finish geting the lettuce in.

more another time.

Janet

1 comment:

AfternoonMoon said...

try placing the tomatoes in full sun from 11am-4pm on clear days and they will flower sooner. Most of them like heat for flowering, but not when in "fruit".

cool blog