the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

January 3, 2011

Flowers in Winter

In the first week of december I went shoping,- Safeway, and they had these cute looking bulb things. They were supposed to be for gifts but .. so Igot 2 planted and followed directions. Now there is not alot of daylight in Fairbanks this time of year, but one can poke and hope. ( thats poke them in the soil and hope they grow) I put these in the window, where the sun pretends to shine of about 15 minutes a day.

And yesterday I got this. I was very impressed. This moring it was even better looking. and just now this evening the red one os looking even better.

the second one will be white, you will get to see more in a week ish. I will go out tomorrow and see if i can get the name of these things, ( sorry Mother) in the mean time they are just flowers.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: