the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

April 30, 2009

River ice,

 I drove home from work today and as i crossed the bridge i saw lots of ice floating down the river. Not that I had my camera on me, so when i got home crabbed my camera and came back.
its 75 degrees today. it was nice and cool inside my house.
 I did take a video but i still lack some technical skills in posting video.  ( might have to look at u tube0
 It was hot today, horribly hot.( No laughing) the snow is all gone form my yard, so went out the back and played  at trimming all the branches from trees that will just grow again.
 Over the weekend I had conversation with people about my garden and some one suggested I get a soil analysis.  so got that lined up for Friday.   The local soil and water people will do it for $25.00 per sample. I am thinking of getting 2 . one for the greenhouse and one the the garden, see if I can get some better sized tomatoes that last year.
 my cucumber are 2 inches tall I have tomatoes germinated, beets and arctic chard I may have planted too early for  the beets. time will tell.

No comments: