the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

April 28, 2009

anzac Weekend

 i drove to anchorage this weekend, mostly sunny with the few compulsory snow flurries south of cantwell. But with the sunshine on them the mountains still look pretty cool. the Nenana river is still fairly solid. Well it was on Friday, The  Tanana at Nenana still has a tripod standing , for another week.


 the Wasilla mountains I caught just at dusk  when they had started to turn pink. got in at respectable of 11 pm.
Saturday morning i had to go investigate the new stores in anchorage , Target and Kohl's,.
 now target is supposed to be similar to wall mart and k mart. and like them i can take or leave them.  Now  Kohl's , I can spend money in,  ( I bought some more clothes) they can move to Fairbanks any time they want.  In fact I know a  department store that is going out of business.
 then  I spent a very pleasant afternoon eating sausage rolls lamingtons Pavlova.  and wine. some of the guys enjoyed some not so common  Aussie beer.   i don't think i have ever seen it out of Australia. spent some time talking with Brian, whose good value. and Tom our host  had conversation about my Garden. He suggested I get a soil analysis to make the best of the summer, to help get better sized tomatoes.   looking out my back window today  i can now see my way to the greenhouse.
 My grass is brown but all the snow has  just nearly gone. cause we had 63 degrees today. I also bought some more dandelion killer. we are supposed to have warm weather all week.  All  summer would be better.

No comments: