the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

October 17, 2008

The Chena River

On Sunday the 12 October , we woke up to more snow a good 3 inches in my front yard. the winter seems to stretch in from of us like long rail road tracks. I went for a drive down the river again.


just to photograph the ice forming. I did something i have never done before , something i have said to my self that I would never do. drum roll please......

Photograph ducks, Mallards to be exact. But they were just making themselves at home. having a good time. and of course came toward me as fast as they could expecting something.
The ice is forming rather well down the river. whats covered in snow is a sand bar, a very shallow river is the Chena. The temp the last few days has not been warm it s been down to 10, F ( that's -12 c ) it was 123 today, at least the sun was out.

No comments: