the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

April 3, 2012

House hunting

Gosh have I really not posted anything since December?
Oops sorry about that. Life must have been somewhat boring. I have discovered I have some friends that don't hang out on Facebook, hopefully I can keep you a bit more up to date than before.
Last Wednesday, I went to the bank for something else and walked out the a letter of preapproval for house finance.... So the house hunting begins. House buying will be quite different here, for starters there is no such thing as title agencies. That's what lawyers are for. They do the title search.
Open homes are barely 1/2 hour ,40 minutes if you are lucky. Then there is the can I get yor phone number before you leave . I looked at 3 on Sunday all built in the 1950's. I have decided a garden is important( supprise)or at least space for one. And kitchen cupboard space.

I will have to be selective in my photos and links. Due to the power of other people's search engines. (Read other real estate agents)

No comments: