the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

June 1, 2011

the job hunting


I have spent the last week solidly job hunting , i have managed to apply for 2 jobs every day, working backwards from 3 different web sites. I have signed up with 5 different recruitment agencies.
everything ( well in accounting fields) seems to come through the agencies On Monday i applied for 4 . last Friday I called work and income ( the local unemployment offices to see if i was eligible, it looks like i am as long as i am seriously looking for work. email proof etc. there is a 2 week stand down period from the time i first called .. last Friday. it would have been only one week, but i earned too much last year. So on Tuesday I will have to go in a fill out the from with all the info. ( did I really bring home all the the right paperwork ? )
I went into town Wellington ( a 50 km 35 miles commute.. 55 minute train) yesterday to meet with an agency who said that he would be surprised that I didn't find work in 2 or 3 weeks . well that was nice but he didn't have anything to offer me. (they did high end management accounting.. ) the train trip into town is really quite pretty.

This photo is from down town around the wharf the other photos are on the phone still.
please bear with me as i get better with the i phone skills

No comments: