the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

September 26, 2010

Cool, Cool, .. cold

My car was a little sluggish at starting this evening. so I filled up with gas put some heet in the tank.. (yes its that s time of year). and then when i got home , i parked in the garage for the first time since April ish.. So it is in my opinion its cold. I was cold. I know, I know I wasn't dressed as well as I could have been. lovely clear days n windy the last few. today was barely 40 when Tuesday was 65. Current temp is 31 but we have 10 miles an hour of wind, this is windy for us, so it really feels like 21. The leaves are nearly gone from the trees as well.

we have had 3 or 4 frosts so the growing season is definitely done. 130 days this year, i think we almost broke the record. Usually the frost free days we run 110 if we are lucky ( can we blame this on global warming) September has been wonderful for weather, but Sept is nearly done.

I have an open house next week , so this week will be lots of cleaning. its amazing how much more messy I can make my house when I actually spend more time in it.

No comments: