the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

March 16, 2010

The Stairs

last week I had started sanding the stairs again. well i may have even started them about Christmas, but i finished them last week. I never seem to know how much sanding is good enough, does it need to be perfect ? whats OK and whats not- is the constant question. So lets define this, I finished sanding the stairs to my satisfaction, and then got some paint.
This is called burnt almond, i decided on flat so now one will slip.

Without primmer i thought i would try the new paint out that doesn't need primer from Behr. so here we have no primmer on really old sanded wood.
Now thinking about this i thought I would paint every second stair so i could get back upstairs, but while i was painting I figured out that this stuff has a really fast drying time. it was touch dry in about 10 minutes, no exaggeration, which was way cool. The following night I did the second coat, and just painted every step, but the time i was done their was only one stop that i couldn't stand on and came back up stairs.
so steps are done, the vinyl arrived on Thursday, or the other 1/2 of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: