the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

March 14, 2010

Dishwashers

this was the week of the dish washer.
On Sunday it decided to not drain, OK, so the logical thing is there is just some junk blocking somewhere. Nope it wasn't that. i emptied it thought to try again, no such luck the blades weren't turning to swish the water, but it did fill up again. so I came to the conclusion that the pump had gone out. Now this dish washer was kinda old when i moved in here, so now its 5 years older than that.
It took forever during the week to got hold of anyone at Maytag to find out just how old it was . a time zone thing on to the east coast. My dish washer was 12 years old. Ummm not going to fix the pump , I will just get a new one. so did some fast shopping online, went cruising around Home depot, Lowes and Sears, to see what was in stock, My roommates didn't care how long it took me to get a dishwasher , but I do. I am way more attached to the dishwasher than I thought.
Lowes won, they had a dish washer in my price range, that was 10 % off and in stock, and they delivered and took the old one away.

This morning it arrived, My roommate Faith said she knew what she was doing, so i just handed her the tools as she needed them and hopefully learnt as she went along. yes she knew what she was doing. the dish washer is all installed in about 1 1/2 hours, and it is running its first cycle.
so the one new appliance for the house has been taken care of. Its black and all shiny and new.
for now its back to the other house projects.

No comments: