the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

February 1, 2009

the last of greece

Spent a wonderful day in tehe sun in Athens , doing the last of the shopping. I picked up some olive oil and some sponges. the olive oil was in a sealed metal 1 litre container. I went to check in with the airline and lo and behold they ask about liquids in my pack.Olive oil in metal containers is not allowed. it has to be in wooden ones. not that i am likely to find a wooden box in 1/2 hour flat. and i cant take more than 3 oz in my carry on. So being a very not happy camper i had to give away my olive oil. ( sorry don) i am very not happy.Arrived safely back in luton airport , and took myself off to the nearest hotel. by the airport. Holiday inn express. the have wonderfully comfortable beds to say the least. That's what i get for staying in hostels for this trip. but probably the most expensive night i will have £69.00 the staff were great and got me train time table to get me up to Lincoln yesterday.
it s windy her and cold well 1 degree c, 33 f saying in a wonderful B&b for 4 nights.
last night in looking fr a pub to have dinner in found the te snake and crown and had my fish and chips. ( it s an English thing) walked pas the cathedral and saw a sign for a ghost tour. what fun they are . well worth doing.

No comments: