the ocean

the ocean
Paraparaumu beach

The comings and goings of a hard working kiwi whose just moved home

February 5, 2009

Books

( view from the train window)
there is nothing like a good book. !

And when you get to travel you get to read different stuff. i had bought 2 books to read when i was in Greece , but read them rather fast. one was ' the last wife of Henry the 8' which I finished on the plane before I reached London.
by the time I had got to Crete I was drastic for a book in English, when I found a book store in English , the options were some what limited. hence the ' Memories of a lady of pleasure' published in 1748. wonderful English society in London of the time. kinda raunchy but good reading. I ditched this book to some young girls i was sharing a room with in Athens
On the way onto Lincoln at the Nottingham train station, they have the usual book stores. I was looking for something to read again, 2 girls standing next to me suggested a book they one of them had just started ' the Gargoyle' By Andrew Davidson. Now someone recommending a book is a good a reason to buy it ( i told you i get drastic) if you want to read this, it's really good. An interest in European history will help.

Oh so you want to know what i did today, well I caught a train to Nottingham, found my self a hostel. so much cheaper than a b & b.
and spent the afternoon with my nose in the previously mentioned book.

No comments: